GCAA Student Media attends 2016 journalismSTL Webster Conference, takes home multiple awards

GCAA+Student+Media%2C+and+adviser+Travis+Armknecht%2C+sit+in+the+bleachers+in+the+Webster+University+gymnasium.+Students+attended+multiple+workshops+throughout+the+day+to+enrich+their+skills+in+journalism.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

GCAA Student Media, and adviser Travis Armknecht, sit in the bleachers in the Webster University gymnasium. Students attended multiple workshops throughout the day to enrich their skills in journalism.

Michelle Oyola

Michelle Oyola

Michelle Oyola

Elyse Luecke, Assistant Web Editor-in-Chief

At this year’s journalismSTL conference held at Webster University, there were nearly 700 high school journalists from nearly 40 member schools from around the St. Louis area in attendance. The Student Media staff, with the help of adviser Travis Armknecht, submitted various stories, editorials, yearbook spreads, and photos for contests in which they received multiple awards which included the following:  

At the conference, students chose two workshops to attend, which provided information and tips on various journalistic topics. The day concluded with a live tweet session using the hashtag, #journalismSTL, as well as the award ceremony.