Filed under Out & About

Tazé: A stand-out spot for students

The interior of Tazé Mediterranean Street Food in the Central West End.

Galen Selligman

Galen Selligman

With ten bucks, you can go to any one of a number of mediocre fast food restaurants, and get a middling burger and a small fry; however, for the same ten bucks, at Tazé Mediterranean Street Food, you can get a heaping plate of delicious food. Tazé  stands out as one of the best restaurants in Saint Louis, with a quick, cost-effective, and tempting menu. For five minutes and ten bucks, you can walk out with some of the best gyros in the city, piled on with your choice of an array of sauces, a scoop of house-made hummus, and a nice side of lentil soup, a bit of chickpea salad, or even some flaky french fries (they take a bit longer because they’re made when you order them, but the french fries are well worth the minute it takes).

Galen Selligman
The array of toppings at the counter at Tazé, including a half dozen different hummus, black olives, feta, tomato, and cucumber.

Tazé is run out of two locations, one in the heart of downtown on the bustling Washington Avenue a short walk from the Arch, and the other on the south end of the Central West End, nested in about two blocks away from the Metrolink station. I specifically go to their location in the Central West End because it’s in a more convenient location.

My go-to is the lamb gyro on saffron rice, topped off with some feta cheese, coated in the harissa (a North African chili sauce), the original hummus, and a side of fries. The mixing of the creamy hummus with the sweet harissa on top of the flavors of the gyro and the crunchy french fries creates an amazing blend that brings me back time and again.

Tazé offers an great choice for a quick bite to eat while you’re out on the town, with a couple centrally located shops and excellent authentic food.

Addresses: 626 Washington Ave. Unit 103, Saint Louis, MO 63101, and 8 1/2 Euclid. St. Louis, MO 63108.

About the Contributor
1 Comment

One Response to “Tazé: A stand-out spot for students”

1. Beth Kerry on December 16th, 2017 11:50 am

I appreciate this informative review. I look forward to trying this place.

[Reply]

• Tazé: A stand-out spot for students

Blogs

Tower Grove Park features open natural spaces, wide array of interesting subjects

• Tazé: A stand-out spot for students

Blogs

Missouri Botanical Garden features well-composed environments, opportunity

• Tazé: A stand-out spot for students

Blogs

St. Louis Zoo encompasses photogenic scenery throughout various habitats, exhibits

• Tazé: A stand-out spot for students

Blogs

A Photographer’s guide to St. Louis

• Tazé: A stand-out spot for students

Out & About

Thrift store provides students on a tight budget with a pound of clothing, without breaking the bank

• Tazé: A stand-out spot for students

Out & About

Create Space Generator, a great place for prosperous entrepreneurs

• Tazé: A stand-out spot for students

Out & About

Chinese Cuisine, Delmar Lee’s an Option for Students

• Tazé: A stand-out spot for students

Out & About

Lone Elk Park Presents, “A Wildlife Adventure” From Inside A Car

• Tazé: A stand-out spot for students

Out & About

Out and About; CHADS Event

• Tazé: A stand-out spot for students

Out & About

International Photography Hall of Fame offers unique exhibits, intimate atmosphere

Tazé: A stand-out spot for students