American Musical and Dramatic Academy holds auditions for auditions and camps

Back to Article
Back to Article

Sophomore Aireyona Stewart ties her best friend's, sophomore Imani Pinkston's hair before practicing the routine in the gym.  Pinkston was hesitant to try out at first, but Stewart encouraged her to do so.  “She said to take every chance to get yourself out there...because you never know who’s watching.  I took that advice,” Pinkston said.

Sophomore Aireyona Stewart ties her best friend's, sophomore Imani Pinkston's hair before practicing the routine in the gym. Pinkston was hesitant to try out at first, but Stewart encouraged her to do so. “She said to take every chance to get yourself out there...because you never know who’s watching. I took that advice,” Pinkston said.

Natalie O'Dell

Natalie O'Dell

Natalie O'Dell

Natalie O'Dell, Business manager

As the result on a partnership built by dance teacher Nikki Beier and theatre teacher Keith Williams, American Musical and Dramatic Academy, a private arts college located in both New York City and Los Angeles has come for the first time to teach workshops to performing art students, and hold auditions for their camp and for scholarships, the former for freshman and sophomore and the latter for upperclassmen.

AMDA’s visit started with workshops for dance, musical theatre, and acting, where Sean Samels, who works with AMDA’s outreach, helped students improve their skills in the subject, as well as promoted their camps and scholarships.  After school, performing arts high schoolers came to the sixth floor to audition for the camp and for scholarships.

“I’m looking for their personality, to see what their talent is, to see their skill level…just to see how passionate they are,” said Samels.